Westside German Shepherd Rescue - Not always what it appears...

don't be so sure. You just were lucky enough to not get a sick dog prior. When I fostered my GSD they refused to provide her med records. After taking her to vet on my own found 'almost well ear infection' to be chronic and advanced. (extremely painful) She required a total ear oblation. Rescue first ignored my calls until I started calling other rescues for advice and then they called me with this aggressive stance, "Adopt her or bring her back, we're not spending any more money on THAT dog! I addressed their collecting money on the internet and not providing medical care (8months without proper meds) and they went BERSERK!

At the next adoption fair in order to follow the foster contract, I showed up with her & my friend was pushed to the ground, I was put in a headlock and the dog was hauled away by her collar without her feet touching the ground.

I was mortified and beyond grief stricken that I had let this sweet girl down, however I contacted an attorney and was greatly assisted by PETA who helped them change their mind about letting me adopt her. (in this state withholding medical care IS cruelty) No doubt they thought it best to keep the vet records out of my hands lest I learn what I came to know about her true condition. The head of her femur was completely severed, her pelvis broken, a reoccurring type cancer was removed (it did reoccur), and the ear infection had gone so far it became fistula (went to her brain while they saved $ on anti biotics but gave her steroids before the adoption events so she wouldn't scratch and give their secret away), later leading to a gran mah seizure. (she was in ICU in a coma for almost a week) I fought hard to get her and do the oblation myself (properly and at the best vet hospital in the country),as they had arranged a partial (CHEAPER) procedure that would have caused a reocurrance and full oblation a year or so later. I found many things about this rescue to be highly suspect and will never take the integrity of any org for granted just because the word Rescue is in the title.

Yes, she lived out her life with me until her arthritis and effects from injuries were too painful for her as she would not turn over while sleeping and thus began chronic bed sores. I will never forget her and would do it all again. Showing her what it was like to be 'adored' was the highlight of my life. I'm so happy I fought to get her where she belonged all along.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 03 #1105485

Touching. How fortunate you both were.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Westside German Shepherd Rescue. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Westside German Shepherd Rescue.
Filing a new complaint about