Westside German Shepherd Rescue - Not always what it appears...
don't be so sure. You just were lucky enough to not get a sick dog prior. When I fostered my GSD they refused to provide her med records. After taking her to vet on my own found 'almost well ear infection' to be chronic and advanced. (extremely painful) She required a total ear oblation. Rescue first ignored my calls until I started calling other rescues for advice and then they called me with this aggressive stance, "Adopt her or bring her back, we're not spending any more money on THAT dog! I addressed their collecting money on the internet and not providing medical care (8months without proper meds) and they went BERSERK!
At the next adoption fair in order to follow the foster contract, I showed up with her & my friend was pushed to the ground, I was put in a headlock and the dog was hauled away by her collar without her feet touching the ground.
I was mortified and beyond grief stricken that I had let this sweet girl down, however I contacted an attorney and was greatly assisted by PETA who helped them change their mind about letting me adopt her. (in this state withholding medical care IS cruelty) No doubt they thought it best to keep the vet records out of my hands lest I learn what I came to know about her true condition. The head of her femur was completely severed, her pelvis broken, a reoccurring type cancer was removed (it did reoccur), and the ear infection had gone so far it became fistula (went to her brain while they saved $ on anti biotics but gave her steroids before the adoption events so she wouldn't scratch and give their secret away), later leading to a gran mah seizure. (she was in ICU in a coma for almost a week) I fought hard to get her and do the oblation myself (properly and at the best vet hospital in the country),as they had arranged a partial (CHEAPER) procedure that would have caused a reocurrance and full oblation a year or so later. I found many things about this rescue to be highly suspect and will never take the integrity of any org for granted just because the word Rescue is in the title.
Yes, she lived out her life with me until her arthritis and effects from injuries were too painful for her as she would not turn over while sleeping and thus began chronic bed sores. I will never forget her and would do it all again. Showing her what it was like to be 'adored' was the highlight of my life. I'm so happy I fought to get her where she belonged all along.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dog Adoption
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "The breeder (Tami Foster) has at least 30 dogs in her house. When I went in the front door they all came running & barking. I watched them..."
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "This sign is up in store but they are notHonoring the SOFT DRINK INCLUDED. or items 3 n 4 on menu were told old sign. 6 of us walked..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I always purchase fortune cookies when I get food at Panda express. I purchased two bags on 3-8-15, ate one bag that night and the next afternoon opened the..."