1.1K views

So, I own a German Shepherd/Alaskan Malamute mix and I brought home a stray.My dog and the stray got along tremendously!

My husband and I were going to keep him until he was finally claimed. Anyway, my dog was so sad and depressed for a couple days. He wouldn't eat, drink, or play (and he LOVES playing). So I think, "Okay, maybe it's time to get him a brother or sister." I look online at PetFinder and since my husband and I love the GSD breed we came across a few from the Washington German Shepherd Rescue.

I e-mailed them and sent an application for a dog(s) I was interested in. I have a fully fenced yard that is 0.34 of an acre, my animals stay indoors, my pantry is always full of treats, and I buy high-end food. I explained my situation in the e-mail and the only response I got was "This dog is extremely active and will have to go to an active home and will always have to have a job." I responded with how much I understood this, I mean, I have a GSD for God's sake but I never got a response back. So I assume I was denied.

I think this organization is passing on people that could provide their dogs with excellent homes and are extremely picky (which I agree they should but to this extent?). No one's home is perfect. Period. I fully support adopting and rescuing dogs but if these organizations make it impossible to then off to the breeders I go.

Sounds like this organization is full of bored, yuppy housewives that scrutinize everyone else's lives.Stay away from these people.

Had an Experience with Westside German Shepherd Rescue?

Comments

Off to the breeders they go!WTH?

Shouldn't it be "off to the shelter we go"?*** people

kimzgoomail

Do you ever wonder about these dogs in foster homes with a full ride, while the charitable donations continue pouring in?

to kimzgoomail Woodland Hills, California, United States #971101

Westside pays all the medical bills for dogs in foster care

VeraDee
to kimzgoomail Los Angeles, California, United States #1143714

Tell me...why?

Los Angeles, California, United States #859781

Why is this listed under Westside German Shepherd, when the person says she talked to Washington German Shepherd Rescue.